Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Puppy Name Results!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the name of our new puppy! We haven't got to bring him home yet, but his name will officially be "Marley"! McKenzie Grace was practicing his name last night, and did great! "Scout" was the close second place, and a really cool name, too. If Marley needs a middle name, he could be Marley Scout Clifton.

We are looking forward to providing the best life reasonably possible for Marley and welcoming into our family. He'll never replace Abby, and that's not the intent. I think that we learned a lot about being caretakers for our pets through our time with Abby that Marley will benefit from.

I came across a picture of Abby that shows her style. Such a good dog!


We went camping 2 summers ago when Abby was just 6 turning 7 that summer. Abby liked to bury her food, if only in pretend, with laundry, or with dirt if it was really available. Apparently it was an instinct-thing to make sure that no one else will eat the food. Well, see this picture and believe that it would work. Although, I don't think Abby would eat the food either after that. Our Abby-dog is still in our hearts (forever until we are reunited in Heaven). McKenzie asked me last night; "Where's Abby?" Then she said "Daddy, are you crying?" Abby was such a good dog. I don't know how to explain to a 2 year old, but I try that Abby is done living in her body and her spirit is living with God now.


Boomer is a great dog, too. When I got home from work today he met me with love-ears on and we ran up and down the back yard around the trampoline and trees with his toy ball and frazzeled string. He likes it when I grab half and he has half and we run together. Big sticks, are probably his favorite. Boomer's faster, but it's fun for him to slow down for me :-) Marley's company is going to be so appreciated by one Boomer-dog for sure. Marley's just a peanut though... about the size of a guinea pig now, so this will be interesting to see how Boomer plays with him. Boomer's already met Marley and sniffed him. I was glad to see that he recognized him as a dog and not something that he should chase.

Thanks everyone - Rob

No comments: